Streamlined Cystoscopy In South Australia
To reduce waiting times and improve efficiency for patients, ADELAIDE FAST TRACK CYSTOSCOPY SERVICE offers GPs a new streamlined Cystoscopy booking service.
The Benefits to Doctors and Patients
- An efficient one appointment process for both consultation and procedure.
- Reduced patient waiting times.
- All referrals reviewed by Urologist prior to their appointment to ensure suitability.
- Consultation by the treating Urologist on the day, immediately prior to the procedure. (Please contact us if your doctor has recommended this service, but you would instead prefer a consultation with the urologist in their consulting rooms prior).
- Select your preferred surgeon or next available appointment.
- Local anaesthetic Day Procedure (no fasting, no sedation), so no escort needed unless normally required. Patients who are able can self-drive to and from the appointment unless instructed otherwise.
- No need to cease usual medications including warfarin or other blood thinning medication.
- No sedation means patients are awake and able to discuss the findings with their surgeon immediately after the procedure.
- Further investigations, follow up and treatment recommendations arranged as appropriate.