Streamlined access to book patients directly for Flouroscopic Urodynamics (FUDS) with one of our surgeons is available. This process can mean an earlier appointment can be arranged and the intial consultation in our urodynamics suite is combined with the urodynamcis procedure.
Suitable patients include;
- stress incontinence failing conservative therapy including pelvic floor exercises in patients looking for futher surgical treatment options
- urge incontinence failing conservative therapy including pelvic floor exercises and medical therapy (e.g. anticholinergics and beta agonists) in patients looking for futher surgical treatment options
- patients with underlying neurological conditions
- patients with urinary retention or difficulty voiding
- patients with complications from bladder or pelvic surgery
Some patients may prefer to have their initial consultation with the surgeon in the consulting rooms and then subsequenly schedule this procedure after discussion with the surgeon. This would be a more suitable option in complex patients and anxious patients.
Surgeons are able to review referrals prior to booking to advise if suitable to recommend proceeding straight to urodynamics.
This procedure is performed under local anesthetic with no sedation. Patients do no need to fast and do not need to stop anticoagulation but it may be recommeded they stop OAB medication (anticholinergics and beta agonist) a few days prior.
For the urodynamics equipment patients must be under 150kg.
If patients are unable to weight bare and transfer to the urodynamics chair arrangments are required prior to their booking to make appropriate arrangements e.g. booking a lifting machine to transfer.