Our experienced Continence GPs can help patients with bladder and pelvic problems including urinary incontinence, difficulty with bladder emptying, prolapse and urine infections.
They are able to provide the following services:
- A detailed history and understanding of your problem
- Perform a pelvic examination when indicated including examination for female pelvic organ prolapse and evaluate your pelvic floor muscle function
- Provide instruction on pelvic floor exercises for men and women
- Evaluate men with incontinence including after prostate surgery
- Evaluate bladder empyting by performing urine flow rates and ultrasound measurement of post void residuals
- Fit vaginal pessaries for the non-surgical treatment of prolapse
- Provide dietary and behavioural advice for bladder and bowel problems
- Prescribe medical therapy for Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Perform office based neuromodulation via the Tibial Nerve for Overactive Bladder (OAB)
- Provide education on performing self catheterisation, managing catheters at home or trouble shooting problems with catheters
- Provide advice on continence pads and appliances
- Complete applications for government funding (CAPS) for cost of pads in suitable patients
- Management of urine infections and recurrent or frequent urine infections
- Management of bladder and pelvic pain
- Perform intravesical instillations for the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis
- Consult with specialist surgeons regarding your management and arrange further investigation or referral as appropriate. Our surgeons specialise in male and female incontinence and incontinence in children over 5 years, adolescents, and people with a disability or neurological disease. Your usual GP is also able to arrange referral direct to our surgeons.
- Provide a report for your usual GP
Patients can self refer - no referral is required to see our Continence GPs.
Medicare Rebates Apply.
For appointments phone 08 82399109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org