IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL PERSONS ATTENDING CONTINENCE MATTERS AT CALVARY NORTH ADELAIDE CONSULTING SUITES
*****FROM MONDAY 6TH DECEMBER ALL CALVARY ADMISSIONS MUST HAVE A NEGATIVE COVID TEST EVEN IF FULLY VACCINATED - SEE DETAILS BELOW***
We greatly appreciate your understanding in these challenging and constantly changing times. We are here to help you and provide you with the best care. Your safety, the safety of our other patients and our staff are paramount.
Anyone with COVID symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, change in taste, change in smell, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, headache, muscle pain) should not attend our practice. You should obtain a Covid test and isolate or seek medical treatment from a Covid Respiratory Clinic.
If you have recently travelled overseas or interstate, you will be required to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 swab test in line with SA Health recommendations to be able to enter Calvary Hospital.
VACCINATION FOR PATIENTS
- You do not require Covid vaccination to attend a consultation in person.
- If you are not vaccinated;
- We recommend you convert your consultation to a telehealth (video) or phone consultation.
- Please notify us prior that you are unvaccinated by phone, fax or email or a reply SMS to your appointment reminder if attending in person.
- If you are unvaccinated and attend an appointment you must have a valid negative Covid test (within 72 hours before your appointment) and bring a copy of your test result with you. This applies to children as well.
VACCINATION FOR ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
All persons accompanying you to your appointment must be fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated children including infants can not accompany their parents. Unvaccinated parents can not accompany their children.
As our consulting rooms are located within a hospital, you will be required to wear a surgical mask at all times. A mask will be provided by the hospital when you pass through the screening at the main hospital entrance. Cloth masks are not allowed within the hospital as a SA Health directive. Your mask must be worn at all times properly, covering your nose and mouth. You may not consume any food or drink inside Continence Matters consulting rooms. Please leave the consulting rooms to consume any food or drink. We are located adjacent to Hudsons. (Hudsons requires all patrons to be fully vaccinated).
You must leave your mask on in confined indoor spaces, particularly the consulting rooms, unless you are instructed to remove your mask by your health care provider for your medical treatment.
If you have a medical mask exemption, you will be required to bring a copy with you.
Please maintain social distancing of 1.5 meters from other people not in your household group. Please ask accompanying persons to wait outside to minimize persons in our waiting room. Please attend your appointment alone unless a person is required to accompany you for medical reasons. Accompanying persons must be double vaccinated. Once our waiting room reaches occupancy you may be required to wait outside Continence Matters.
Please remain 1.5 meters from the reception desk at all times. If you have documents to pass to reception please place in a tray provided to pass under the protective screens without approaching the desk.
Please remain 1.5 meters from the medical staff at all times during your consultation unless required for your care, e.g. examination.
We prefer any documentation is emailed or faxed to us prior to your appointment. This not only avoids handling by our reception staff, it means this can be added to your file for the doctor prior to your appointment. If you are taking images of documents with your phone please use a free document scanning app such as ‘Mobile Scanner’. Please do not take a photo using only your phone camera without a document scanning app. Documents need to be clearly read on a computer and the correct orientation.
If you are a new patient to the practice, you will need to complete an online registration. You will be sent a link by SMS or email.
Covid last on surfaces such as cash and cheques and documents for up to 28 days.
We do not accept cash.
We offer the following payment methods.
- Online payment is available via a link sent by SMS or email.
- EFTPOS for in-person payments on site.
HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS - For all enquiries regarding COVID testing and vaccination requirements for a Calvary Hospital admission contact Calvary Hospital directly 82399100
These requirements are set by Calvary Hospital North Adelaide. Please visit their website for updates. https://www.calvarycare.org.au/notifications/information-for-patients-aged-care-residents-and-visitors/
Elective surgery admissions - Effective Monday 6 December 2021, all elective patients (regardless of their vaccination status and reason for admission) will be required to have evidence of a negative PCR test within the following timeframes prior to admission:
Paediatric patients (under the age of 16 years)
• PCR test within 48 hours of admission
• Must isolate following test until admission
• PCR testing is also required for the accompanying parent / carer
Adult patients (16 years and over)
• PCR test within 72 hours of admission
• Encouraged to reduce community movement following test until admission
COVID-19 screening questions will be asked at both pre-admission and admission. Where a patient is identified
as having risk factors, the admitting VMO and / or Anaesthetist will assess the patient, in conjunction with the
hospital delegate, to determine whether the admission can proceed.
- Calvary Hospital will need to record your vaccination status.
- If you do not meet screening requirements, Calvary may refuse your admission, requiring your procedure to be cancelled.
- All visitors over 12 years of age are required to show proof of full vaccination. Unvaccinated children are unable to visit.
- Calvary staff may contact you prior to your admission regarding these requirements.
PLEASE NOTE SA HEALTH MAY REGULARLY MAKE CHANGES IN RESPONSE TO THE LOCAL CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS INFORMATION MAY BE UPDATED AT SHORT NOTICE. WE REQUIRE YOU TO READ THIS INFORMATION EACH TIME YOU ATTEND AN APPOINTMENT AT CONTINENCE MATTERS.
For further information visit SA Health https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/public+content/sa+health+internet/conditions/infectious+diseases/covid-19/covid-19
Contact us for further clarification by email email@example.com or phone 08 82399109